Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tate partied on!!

Tate had a wonderful birthday!! He was lucky to have had two parties. Last Saturday my family was in town, so I planned a big Dr. Seuss party. This turned out very good, I think that he really enjoyed it. My family was all encouraged to dress up in there best Dr. Seuss outfits that they could find. I was very impressed by the creativity. Aaron and I were "Thing 1" and "Thing 2"..Tate was "Birthday thing". We ate a yummy dinner together before we ate cake and ice cream. Tate had his very own cake to destroy and he did so. Afterwords Tate opened his gifts and boy did he get spoiled. He got lots of great toys and books. We had a blast being with family and seeing our little Tater-Tot enjoy his 1st birthday!

This last Saturday was his real birthday. I couldn't let his real Birthday go and not do anything. So a few of his little buddies came over for some cake and ice cream to celebrate with him. He had a swimming pool cake this time, cause he loves water. We sang to Tate and he opened his gifts....again....spoiled little boy. He really enjoyed playing with a few of his little friends.

I think his 1st Birthday was a success! Birthdays aren't what they use to be for adults. So now we make up for it with our kids. Right?? It was great to sing to him "Happy Birthday" first thing in the morning and wish him Birthday wishes through out the day (even though he had no clue what was going on) but it was fun for us!!

Mommy and Daddy as "Thing 1 and 2" with "Birthday thing"!


Crazy family photos!


Fun pictures of the outfits!


Dr. Seuss cake time!!




Tate was a little overwelmed with so many great and fun gifts.

I think that he may want more of these days!!




On his real Birthday ....he woke to a yummy spread of mini pancakes just for the Birthday boy!!!

His swimming pool cake about to be smothered!


Fun gifts given to Tate by his little friends.



Grandma and Grandpa M. dropped by and joined in on the fun.




21 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Tate! Did you make the cakes yourself? Most impressive! The first birthday is so much fun and a little sad to think your baby is growing up!

Unknown said...

you didn't party at your house, I guess that means you didn't get your grass done. Ket us know if you need help.

Brittnee said...

You are soooo creative. I am calling you next time I need a cute cake! I can't believe our little Tater Totey is 1.

Kelsie said...

what a cute party! looks like you guys had alot of fun. hey your cakes turned out great... Happy Birthday Tate

Taneill said...

Happy Birthday to Tate and also to mom. It is your day too! looks like you made it fun for him.

Cristi Lou said...

Cute pictures of Tate with his birthday parties. He was a spoiled boy! But when they're so cute, it's hard not to spoil them isn't it? You did a great job with the Seuss party. It was lots of fun and we were glad we could come. Love you sis!

Annie said...

Cute cakes!! Did you make those?? You'll have to show me how someday. Tell Tate Happy Birthday for us!

Danielle said...

What a cute birthday boy Tate is! Way cute cakes and I love the costums.

Mary Mills said...

what a fun first b-day! a little bitter sweet!? they just grow way too fast. this sat. i will have a 10 yr. old. yikes!

Marci said...

I can't belive Tate is a year old! He is tooo cute - or I guess handsome!

The Reese Family said...

how cute are you!! Ms. Crafty:) Those cakes looked awesome! I can't believe he is one...time sure goes by fast!

Unknown said...

very very nice blog, congrats
greetings from italy
marius:)

Rebekah said...

Looks like a fun party! You guys really are full of fun and life. I have to think of something fun for Ryan's b-day coming up. Any good ideas would be much appreciated. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATER TOT!!! :)

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

My heck! What a spoiled little boy! Aren't Birthdays FUN! I love to celebrate my kids birhtdays, I want them to be something they will always remember.

Katy said...

Happy Birthday Tate!! So, I love the themed birthday, and the cakes...I can't believe you didn't ask me to make them (you know I have mad cake making skills!! ;)).

Tate is the cutest birthday boy ever!!

BH said...

Happy Birthday Tate! What great ideas Charee. I love the Dr Suess themed party.

Landon&Janell said...

I love your families theme, super cute idea!! He is such a darling little boy. You need the picture of him in the mud on here, ha ha! Sorry we couldn't stay for long at his party.

The Strawn Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATE! Looks like fun, you always have fun things going on. We really need to hang out!

Alabama Apples said...

I'm impressed with the cakes! How fun to have themed parties already! I always come away from your blog thinking ya'll seem to really know how to have fun.

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Tate! Looked like a fun party, and Charee, I'm so impressed with the cakes. You are amazing! One year flies by doesn't it?

Dream Big Designs said...

I love the cakes! You did an awesome job! You have one spoiled little guy. But he is so cute, he deserves it!