Thursday, December 9, 2010

FUNNY Christmas Story!

Once there was a very religious older lady who had four grown children, two sons and two daughters, all of whom had become very successful in their careers. Every year they gave their mother a gift for the holy holidays. This year they were chatting with each other about the gifts they had bestowed upon their aging mom.

The first daughter said, "I had a huge house built for Mom, with twenty rooms, air conditioning and a pool. She doesn't have to live in a small Cottage anymore."

The oldest son said, "I know how much Mom loves to go to the movies, so I added a CinemaScope theater to the house so she can watch all her favorite movies."

The next daughter said, "I know how much Mom loves to go shopping, so I bought her a deluxe Mercedes and hired a chauffeur to drive her anyplace she wants to go shopping."

The youngest son said, "These are all such superficial, material gifts. I know that Mom enjoys reading her spiritual verses and sutras, and reciting her prayers more than anything. But I foresaw that when she got old she wouldn't be able to read, so ten years ago I hired a man to train a parrot to recite all her spiritual verses and prayers by heart. It cost me $100,000 a year and I had to donate ten times that to the temple, but it was worth it knowing Mom can hear her spiritual verses and prayers now that she is old.

The other brothers and sisters were impressed with the youngest son's thoughtfulness and ingenuity. After the holidays Mom sent out Thank you notes to her children. She wrote: "To my eldest daughter, the house you built is so huge. I live in only one room, but I have to clean the whole house. Thanks anyway."

"To my eldest son, you gave me an expensive theater with Dolby sound, it could hold 50 people, but all my friends are dead, I've lost my hearing and I'm nearly blind. I'll never use it. Thank you for the gesture just the same."

"To my next daughter, I am too old to go shopping and I have everything I need anyway. I stay home and have the groceries delivered, so I never use the Mercedes. The thought was good. Thanks."

"To my last son, you were the only child to have the good sense to give a little thought to your gift. How did you know what your mother loves best? The chicken was delicious! Thank you so much!"

4 comments:

Julie said...

Well I guess I'll re think YOUR gift this year :) ha ha ha Thanks for the laughter today. much needed doll!

Emily Berkley said...

I was on the verge of tears and then...........What kind of a christmas story does that to people!!!! Thanks for the laugh anyway!

The Child Family said...

LOL!!!!! That is too funny!!!!!

Dream Big Designs said...

Love it! And love all the pictures! Miss you guys!!!