Thursday, December 2, 2010

Firsts!

This last week consisted of some firsts! I will let you in on some...

Out of ALL of Aaron's Hockey games. I have never been to one, just his practice's. SAD :( His games are usually pretty late, but this week he had a semi-early one. I packed the kids up, and joined some of Aaron's family to watch the VERY FIRST nice game of hockey. Aaron's little brother Cody even got to play as a sub for a bit. He LOVED IT! Looks like they will be getting a new player. Ha Ha

The McClellan bro's.

First time going on a play date right before a BLIZZARD was about to start. Kinda nutty and daring...but fun.

My friend Emilee lives in SLC, so when she comes up she gives a few of us a call..and we play! (Chat really, while the kids play.) Kristy lives in town, but heck...if it wasn't for Emilee we would never play. Thanks Emilee.

(NO, I didn't do my hair that day. It was going to be a blizzard!!!)

Very FIRST Thanksgiving at my sisters house in West Point. She did a great job with what she had. (kinda thrown together) but it worked out great! It was quite quaint without all of my other siblings and dad having to stay home after surgery. BUT, it was still very nice and memorable. Grandpa Vandersteen even joined us. He is a crack up!
I loved to see my hubby enjoying his very FIRST turkey leg bone of the evening!
The fam ready to chow!

After dinner, we wrote on strips of paper what we were thankful for. We went around the room naming them off one by one. We stapled them into a chain. Our chain got pretty darn long of thanks. It was a fun tradition that we are going to keep doing....because this year...it was our FIRST!
LAST BUT NOT LEAST. This year was a FIRST to go BLACK FRIDAY shopping. I usually go on Friday morning around 9 or 10am and think that is nuts. WELL, this year was different. There was some choice items at WAL*MART that Julie K. and I wanted. The sale started at 12:01am. Not bad. That in my book is not near as nuts as 3am. To tell you the truth, I LOVED IT! I am kinda strange, but I love crowds. I really do. They pump me up and get me excited! It was nuts, but so much fun AND we got all the goods that we had wanted! YIPEE!!!


Time: 11:36pm! Walking around the store with a map to stake out our goods.


Time: 12:01am NO PICTURE!! We were getting our goods.




(Imagine throwing elbows, and stealing stuff out of peoples carts.....


......NOT!)




Time: 12:15am! Got in the HUMONGOUS line to check out. These lovely ladies were behind us. (Aaron's chums growing up!) They were dressed to kill, while I was dressed and ready to get in bed! Ugh, sorry!
Time: 12:36am! Still in line.....so why not...let's take another picture of us! Getting closer to the check out. (Ha Ha, I look like a DORK!)

Time: 12:50am! Daydreaming about all of our goods. And wondering if they are going to make us put any of it back. (This was just HER cart...haa haa!)
Time: 1:20am! After eating a complimentary donut....(handed out in the middle of the night)....we made it out to our car. Sheesh...barely fitting it all in too. We made it!!!! HECK, one last photo op for the record in front of the Walmart sign. AHHH precious!
Oh my goodness, this was a BLAST! Julie cracks me up, and is soo much fun. I may have to start rethinking this Black Friday stuff. Haa Haa LOVED IT!


TIME: 1:59am! Rolling into bed to put my freezing feet on my sweetie. GOODNIGHT!

12 comments:

Emilee said...

so fun seeing you lady! miss you!

Jaynann said...

I only tried Black Friday shopping once--must not have gone with the right people because it was NOT so fun!! Guess I'd have to try it with you and Julie:) You two are nuts!

Julie said...

Oh my gosh. That was so dang fun. We NEED to do this EVERY.YEAR. Seriously, that was the biggest rush being in that crazy mess! Wow. I still gotta say, i loved your face of terror while standing in line right before they said..."GO". {If I didn't know you, I would have said, here ya go, take that waffle maker and go girl, cause I don't wanna be in your way!} You lucky duck. you get everything you want. :) hee hee hee.

Anne said...

Hi Charee! Just stopping by the blog to catch up a bit. You are so fun!
Take Care!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun time. I'm a night owl already so going shopping at midnight is not so crazy to me. I totally would've loved to have gone Black Friday shopping with you two! I was still in Idaho. Hmmm... maybe I can join you guys next year?

Emily Berkley said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!!! YOu guys are awesome!!! Steve and I were doing the same thing just a few stores over!!!! I LOVE black Friday you guys are great!!! Love you tons!

Annie said...

oh, that picture of aaron and cody is so cute. precious :-) okay, you are someone that i would LOVE to go black friday shopping with. charee + crazy madness + late hours = some definite good times :-)

Megan said...

Hey everyone,
I am so excited about this surprise party!
Jeff really deserves to have a fun night with our friends and what better time to do it then on his birthday!
My plan it to have Jiff’s uncle calls and has Jeff come over and help him with something. About 6 o’clock (For about an hour or so). That means if you guys could be at our house between 6:30 to 7. That would be great.
Dec 17th
I will be doing finger foods, pizza and goodies.
It will be play games and have food, if you have a fun game to play bring and then we can have a few to chose from. I will also have a room for kids to play and a movie for them as well.
I am so excited it is going to be a blast.
Our address is 3523 W 10305 S south Jordan ut 84095
To get to our door you have to come in the back yard. (Gate is by our truck) and down the stairs. Please park on the street.
RSVP and let me know what time about you will get here.
Thank you so much!
Megan
PS I hope it goes without saying but NO Gifts.

Megan said...

i didn't know how elce to let you know about this. if you would like to come we would love it!!!

Adam and Aubrey said...

YAY! I love black friday! I hit walmart too! I've never seen ours so busy! It was a blast, we got out of there so fast too, we had one of our people waiting in line ahead of time so we were done by like, 12:30. it rocked!

The Child Family said...

I love your "firsts" I had no idea Aaron was in Hockey- Brett will be so jealous :)
OK, I am so stealing the paper chain idea for a tradition at Thanksgiving- I just don't have very many for that holiday, and it's one of my favorites, so I'm going to "borrow" that one for next year :)
I too had my "first" black Friday experience, but I should have gone to Wal Mart w/ you, it sounds like you got quite the deals- I showed up there at 5 am thinking that was when it started, and everything was GONE!!!!!

Megan said...

Fun posts. You are crazy for all the great pics at Walmart. We still live in close and I haven't seen you forever. Looks like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. Cute turkeys.