Thursday, October 23, 2008

An interesting Drive to the BIG BLUE BEAR!

The other day Aaron thought it would be fun to take a drive to Bear Lake and see the left over leaves in the canyon. (Note: they are pretty much ALL gone) And get a raspberry shake. Megan and Blake W. came alone for the fun. We got to the Bear Lake look out and thought we would take a couple pictures. I put on my jacket because the wind was blowing and it was chilly. We then went to get Tate out of his car seat. He was soaked with pee everywhere, I didn't think to put a fresh diaper on before. DUH! Then I went to get his jacket and shoes....and forgot both of them. OHHH what a terrible mother! I didn't have anything for my poor soaked little boy. We looked in the trunk and YAY I had a baby blanket that I was going to drop off at the DI...this saved the day. BUT he was still soaked. We went into the visitors center and Aaron had a great thought...."Maybe they have a hand blower, we can dry his outfit"...and for the first time in all of my life I was glad that there was one!!! We dried out the soaked pee in his outfit, while he walked around with just a diaper. People kept coming in and out and probably thinking that I was a red neck mother, not dressing my child. Shortly after he had his one piece outfit on and on we went. We were then ready for out yummy raspberry shake, well to our luck...everything was closed. Should have thought, this town closes down for the rest of the year. This was a interesting experience. All of the things that we thought would be a great idea....nothing really worked out for us.... but it was great company and fun to visit with Megan and Aaron for the afternoon. Sometimes things don't always turn out....do they??!!! But with these experiences you just have to laugh and think of the positives...you can still have a good time.




The Whitesides and us also went to the opening of the 10 new rooms at the Anniversary Inn. This was great fun to walk through the themed rooms and see all of the neat things that they can do with just a room. Tate enjoyed the truck bed. We had a hot dog and drink and enjoyed!

21 comments:

Brittnee said...

That is too funny! Sometimes those are the best trips anyway!

Emilee said...

hehe, i hare being desperate! cute pics and mowhawk look! ;)

Nellie and Jason said...

Hey, so do you have a sister that works at Great Harvest by chance? I swear she could be your twin!!

Alabama Apples said...

sounds like a lot of fun, despite the disappointments. Tate is much too cute to be mistaken as a red-neck child, so you're safe ;)

Celeste said...

That is great and trust me, I dont think you are a mom unless you have days like that!!!

Mary Mills said...

i am never prepared either. after five kids you would think i would have it all together...nope! tyler is always teasing me about never having the diaper bag when i really need it. let me point out that he doesn't have it either! looks like a fun trip anyway.

Anonymous said...

It's no surprise that you would have a positive attitude through that. You always do. I love people that can find some kind of positive in things. You're awesome. Sounds nice to just get out sometimes!

Chelise said...

Sounds like you had a fun, yet interesting trip to bear lake. I hate when that happens though..but all you can do is make the best of it. You guys are fun family :)

Alissa said...

I've decided that there is some universal law that babies stay dry when you have extra clothes and when you forget is when they have a huge blow-out or spit up all over and end up soaking wet. Besides, you wouldn't be totally redneck unless he was running around naked.

Danielle said...

so sorry about the trip, it sure is a pretty view though. Hey, we need to hang out! Are you guys going to the homecoming parade tomorrow?

Megan said...

It was great. Thanks for letting us tag along. I love the pic with you and I only becuase where is Tate? Good times. It was pretty funny reading it I didn't really think of all that stuff while being there but looking back it was one thing after another.

Kari said...

Sounds like you had quite the adventure. We too have made the drive to Bear Lake for a shake to find everything closed down. Your little boy is so cute and it sounds like you are all doing great.

take care,

Kari Chambers Seamons

Aggiefamily said...

hey, check our the blog because there is a video of the quarm of the 12 that i know you wanted to see.

Molly said...

Charee, I thought these things only happened to me. Any more critter disasters? I hope that everyone sleeps well tonight, you and your cough included.

Staten's said...

Those are the best stories to tell and laugh about after the fact. Ashley is 2 years younger than us I think that you know who she is she was Ashley Whitman in school.

Rebekah said...

By the way my blog is not longer private.

Megan said...

Yeah, we all have our bad mom moments. We're moms, not saints...well I guess we're latter day saints, but you know what I mean. I'm jealous you got to go to the Anniversary Inn shindig. That would have been fun.

Annie said...

ha! too funny! that's how those trips always go..

at least tate got to walk around a vistor's center half-naked....

Cristi Lou said...

Hey sis. Sounds like Bear Lake was tons of fun! he he. That will be a memory that you'll always have even though at the time I'm sure you were pretty frustrated. That's a cute picture of Tate in his socks and diaper. Love ya!

Megan said...

I took it off so I wouldn't have to have the end go so slow. I have three weeks that's 21 days, I will keep you posted.

Jenn and Brandon said...

Are you really going private? Don't leave me out... jennmuir1{at}gmail.com