Monday, December 1, 2008

My three trees!!

Ya, I went a little nuts last year with after Christmas shopping and bought two Christmas trees.($12.99 smaller tree, and $7.99 bigger tree..can't beat that!) The only problem with it is, I already had one! So now I have three trees and at the moment are REALLY enjoying them. It took a lot of time to get everything up, but well worth it now. I bought all new ordaments for the big tree upstairs (we call this one the "modern tree".) Too bad that pictures don't do a tree justice...all of the glitter and lights just don't show up on the pictures..so come over and see with your eyes. The 2nd tree we call "mini", we have it in the kitchen and it is what Tate loves to point at, it is pre-lite, but we added a little strand of colored lights to add to the fun. The third and final tree is in the family room, we call it our "fun tree". It has all of the homemade ornaments and everything that we have had over the years. I wanted a tree in this room, cause that is where we are a lot of the time. I figured we might as well have a tree to look at, Right???? I love it at night when you have lights all over the house reminding you of this special time of year, hope that you have a wonderful Holiday Season!!

My new tree topper star!


The "Modern tree"


"Mini" tree in the kitchen


"Fun" tree in the family room. (Tate has moved a lot of these ornaments around.)


Now for the advertisement part of this post....This is my new BFF!! I just wanted to share with you how great this rake is. It is just a carpet rake, but for you vacuum freaks like me that like the fresh, fluffy look. Rake your stairs, living room whatever and it looks just like you vacuumed it, and you just spent seconds. Now of course if you have crumbs and such to vacuum, please vacuum...but if you just did hours ago and it looks matted and people are coming over...a quick rake and Waa-laa. Perfection!! I have wanted one of these for years and finally my awesome hubby got me one at Don Aslets. He got the BIG one, but you can get a smaller one, just takes a little more time. Sorry to bore you, but it really is my my newest BFF and I just had to share!!

18 comments:

Cristi Lou said...

I like the trees Charee. That will be fun that you have trees in so many rooms in your house. We're putting up our tree tonight and we are excited! Christmas is so funj!

Ariana said...

Love the trees! They look great.

Molly said...

Charee, Oh Yeah!!! I say a lot of picks. Wow, I can only imagine the time that they all took you. Looks great.

Knowles Family said...

I love, love, love Christmas trees! I love the lights too. It is my favorite thing to turn off all the house lights at night and just look at the Christmas tree lights! So jealous that you have 3! Don't you just love Christmas!

Alabama Apples said...

I luuvv your trees! How fun to be able to have Christmas in every room! And oh.my.gosh! I want a carpet rake!!! How cool!!!

Megan said...

I love all your trees. I want one of those rakes. I am already going crazy because the stairs are matted down. Thanks for coming we want to come see the trees live. Have a great day!

The Child Family said...

Are you an interior decorator? if you aren't you should be, and I think you could make millions doing the festival of trees, just something to think about :)
I really want to see your house!!!!

Maili said...

your trees look great!!! I locve it! Where did you get the carpet rake!?

Annie said...

LOVE the trees!! I also have an over abundace of trees. They just look wonderful, what's a girl to do? So, if you guys come down to see the lights or anything, give us a call!!

Katy said...

I want a carpet rake!! Maybe that can be my one present for kind of being good this year...

I love the three trees too, so festive!!

Danielle said...

Cute trees. I love the modern one, you are so creative and great at decorating. Really you are!!! Christmas is coming so so fast! Merry Christmas!

Chelise said...

Wowzers!! Those trees are amazing. Aren't those after christmas specials the best?!? Your house looks so cute too!

Jenny said...

He he he, I have three trees too! Well technically 5 but I lump the grouping of 3 smaller trees as one.

~Kandi said...

Love all the trees. I have two and would lover to have more.

BTW - Kristina can't get on she said can you send her an invite.

Joshnyman@msn.com

Dream Big Designs said...

Wow you are really in the xmas spirit. There is no way Ry would take a baby Jesus pic with me. You guys are so fun. I love how you have a rake for your carpet. That is so YOU! Well, we hope to see you guys soon.

Adam and Aubrey said...

I'm jealous you get to have so many trees! My mom has quite a few as well and I loved it! I am diggin that rake thing, where on earth did you find such a thing?!

Shelly Traveller said...

Three trees how fun! I like that leaf garland on the mod tree. And I've never heard of a carpet rake.

Crystal said...

I love your trees! I'm so jealous you have 3. I love this time of year. Christmas is so great!