Saturday, January 24, 2009

What's up with us??

This week has been a busy one. First I threw Janell Wiley (my next door neighbor) a baby shower. At first she wasn't sure that she wanted one, because she hasn't lived here all that long and hasn't met all that many ladies yet. Well that wasn't a problem, she had loads of ladies in our neighborhood show up. Pretty much everyone that she invited came. We had such a great time, visiting, viewing her darling gifts, and eating lots of treats. Every inch of the kitchen and living room crawled with my awesome friends and neighbors that I LOVE so much to live so close by. Hope that Janell was happy with the results, cuz I was!!

Some of the ladies in the house visiting and munching.

Next was a great visit from our friends and old neighbors from Lehi. Leslie and Garth came and took us out to dinner at Cafe Sabor. We enjoyed visiting them for the short time that we had. They were just on their way up to Idaho to visit family. We are so excited that they are expecting a new little one.


Last has been our adventure with building in a closet and office for Aaron's business. This wont get all done I'm sure, dry wall at least.....just enough to put the desk and all of the office stuff down in there, so we can replace the old office with the baby's room. YAY (I have been really busy sewing and crafting all of the babies stuff to decorate the room....I am soooooo excited!!!)



Tate loves hanging with daddy when he is working on the office. (daddy's little helper!)

17 comments:

Molly said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. What are you decorating the new baby room in? I am sure it will be adorable.

Brittnee said...

Chris wants you to blog about how to finish a basement, or just have Aaron come over and finish ours for us!!!!

Kittyrunner said...

That's cool that Aaron graduated in Horticulture! Ben graduated in landscape architecture at USU. He works for a landscape arch firm here.

Unknown said...

you know, I might know someone who could help you with the drywall part, maybe even getting you some for free. I wiss seeing you. you should come to playgroup so we can catch up

Dream Big Designs said...

You guys are staring to sound like us. It is nice to be busy in the winter. It makes the cold months go by faster. I love hearing from you. Miss you.

Quinn and Melanie said...

You are glad we ditched so you could work hard in the basement, right?? I am sooo sorry. I have the worst cold EVER and it sucks. You and Tate definitley do NOT want it! Hopefully this week is better!! SORRY!!

Nyman's said...

little boys always seem to love their daddies!! Looks like the Partay! was a success, good work.

Cristi Lou said...

I didn't know that you were going to make an office in the basement for Aaron. That will be so nice to have some extra space upstairs for the kids. I wish that I could have an extra room for our baby. Oh well. They'll just have to share...and adjust. Love you sis!

The Child Family said...

I was so bummed i missed the baby shower. Janelle was my VT comp forever (though we never went, we had awesome intentions to go :)
Anyhow, my NEW VT comp set an appointment for Thursday at 6:30- couldn't be changed :( It looks like you had a great time with some fun gals though.
You are so adorable, and I just say how much happier my Sunday's are when i see your smiling face. luv ya

Landon&Janell said...

It was such a fun shower, thank you so much! I'm glad we live in such a great neighborhood and have such a wonderful and supportive ward. You guys are such great friends and neighbors :)

Emilee said...

cute! fun! great! ;)
so, how are you doing the baby room? and are you finishing the whole basement or just that first room and closet?? either way, you will love it!

Chelise said...

So was that your house in those pics? If so, its so dang cute! What sort of stuff are you making for the new baby's room? Look at you...all sorts of craftiness going on at your house. Maybe you should share some ideas with me. Tell aaron hello from us and good luck with that new office of his. I'm sure it will be nice.

The Strawn Family said...

Quick question: what is Molly's last name?

Crystal said...

Sounds like you guys are staying busy! I am so excited that you are having a baby. It's always so fun to get things ready for a new one to arrive!

Danielle said...

I love that last picture of Tate laughing! So cute!

Annie said...

fun! i saw Janell at Stork Landing last weekend! that's why i love logan, no matter where you go, you always run into someone you know! hope pregnancy is treating you weel!

Rebekah said...

I'm so sad that I missed the shower. Looks like it was a blast.