Thursday, February 5, 2009

St. George get away!

We just got back from our little trip to St. George! What a great time we had. Our friends invited us and we are so glad that we went and got out of the cold/inversion that is here in northern Utah! The weather was in the 6O's, it felt soooo nice. We went to an awesome park a couple times that had all sorts of "modern" contraptions to play on. We enjoyed watching the kids play on them, but almost equally enjoying it ourselves. We swam at the condo, ate at yummy restaurants, played games after the kids went to bed and just enjoyed getting away.

Tate on the windshield of the car....silly! (dad was with him)

Tate had just finished up his Cheeto's and was dozing off! He rode in the car so good!

Fun times at the park...like I said, we enjoyed it more than the kids!!





The condo's swimming pool! Aaron was having a bit of fun under the waterfall.





More silly times at the park!


After dinner one night, we went to see the beautiful temple! Once the sun goes down, it gets pretty chilly.


In the game room, Mike and Aaron playing a hard core game of air hockey,we played ping pong, and the guys played video games.

On our way home, we stopped at Fort Cove and went on a tour, way neat!


14 comments:

Danielle said...

FUN!!! I am glad you finally got to get away for a little while! Good for you guys! Remember how we were supposed to go on walks together last summer- this summer for sure. We will need some strolling time together:)

Brittnee said...

Hey I lived just down the road from that park you played on! You made me miss good old ST. George with all your photos. Fun, Fun. I am glad Tate was a good traveler for you. We spent many hours driving that freeway with a screaming Kinlee!

Kittyrunner said...

How fun! It's been beautiful down here lately, too. I'm glad you could get some time away from the cold.
JoAnn

Megan said...

FUN times, we need to go back. I haven't posted because I haven't had time and some of the pics are on Mike's computer but stay tuned. Thanks for coming it was awesome!

Tianne said...

It looks like you stayed in about the same area where I live :). It looks like you had a blast!!!

Cristi Lou said...

Looks like you had a fun time on your little getaway to St. George. I'm glad. It looks like it was warm to if you were able to go swimming! That's awesome. You took a lot of fun pictures! Love ya sis!

The Strawn Family said...

Looks like fun! It makes me want to go somewhere fun for the weekend.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Jealous! i want to go somewhere warm!!!

Anonymous said...

OOOH, I'm so jealous, a little vacation sounds SOOOO FUN right about now!! Glad you had a great time before the new baby comes :D

Nyman's said...

so so jealous. The sun sounds most heavenly about now! Looks like summer time.

Dream Big Designs said...

That looks like so much fun! Wish we could have been there. We miss you guys. Have a great week.

The Child Family said...

Swimming????? I am still baffled by it :)
So glad you had a great time. Mike and Megan seem like so much fun, and you are a hoot, so how could you not have a blast in that situation!?!?!
OK, I have a plan, tell me what you think. We get some gals together, and have a fun girls day!!!! Let me know

Bates Family said...

Thank you so much. That means a lot to me. I laughed really hard when you said that you read those old notes because I was going through some old boxes that I still had at my mom and dad's and saw the notes you had written me too! They were so funny!! It looks like you guys had some fun in St. George! Tate is so cute!

Rebekah said...

You say I am so photogenic but I love, love, love photoshop!