Friday, April 3, 2009

2 Wonderful years!!!

Two years ago, on this conference weekend we moved into our home. I remember it as if it were yesterday. It was poring rain outside (can you believe rain..and not snow in April?) and I was about 20 weeks along with Tate. I am pretty particular how I like things, and nobody would let me help move(this made me mad..but also grateful for the help). It was a very tiring and busy weekend, but I do remember blaring conference on the radio during the Saturday move. It was a great conference as always. I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!! It took of course a good few weeks to get everything cleaned and put away...a few more weeks and months to get things decorated the way I wanted...and that is still ever changing.

When we were looking for homes to buy, for some reason I felt that this area was the place to be. There were other places we really liked....but not the $$$prices$$$. I felt like this area of Logan and THIS home was ours. We bought the place and the first week/months we were here, I got SO discouraged by loud and crazy neighbors. I didn't feel the closeness I was hoping for with the neighbors and ward members. I didn't feel as safe as I wanted (I was going to have a new baby...I like SAFE!) I started to really feel like we had made a bad decision.

Needless to say: I LOVE LOVE LOVE my neighbors now and the friends that I have met in the ward and area are the BEST. I feel so blessed to have come to this place. It has changed BIG TIME from the beginning FOR THE GOOD! We have had wonderful people move into great homes, we have had a change of ward boundaries...(which I do miss a lot of great people) but now it is a size that is much easier to get to know and befriend people much easier. I feel sooooooooo blessed to be in this home, we pray daily and nightly thanking for the roof over our heads and the blessing of great and wonderful neighbors and friends that make our lives complete. Ohh and much much more. (Sorry if this sounds like a thank-imony) I do want to give a woot woot to all the love you give our family. You know who you are!! Thanks so much!

The house...no grass at the time....but there is now!!! yay!

Couple random pictures of the house when we first moved in!



2 great years in this home and hopefully many more to come! ohh but who likes the mortgage??

10 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

How exciting. We have yet to take the leap of purchasing a house...maybe on our next tour of duty. I love your house! It is darling and definitely something I'd love to have for my own! I love reading about your life--to me, everything is almost perfect! You have a good-looking, hard-working husband, a darling little boy, and your are simply beautiful! Enjoy your fab life! (I know you have ups and downs, too, but I just wanted to thank you for letting me enjoy reading about you)

~Kandi said...

Can't believe that you (along with us) have been here for two years. Time really does go by fast.

Danielle said...

First of all, I love the baby's room. Way Cute! Happy birthday to Aaron. And two years, wow! It seems like yesterday that you guys brought us to the house and told us you were prego with Tate. Wow, time flies! Love ya!

Hayley said...

What a cute house you have!

Unknown said...

remember, I recruited you to be my friend that first week, as soon as I heard you say you weren't a springer!

Dream Big Designs said...

Looks great, like always. We miss you guys and hope you are doing well. Did Aaron get Ry's text? Hope to visit soon. Also, I love the baby's room! Way cute!!!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you felt at first, that's how I was when we first moved here a year ago and I was pregnant with Abbie. I was so discouraged and really questioned our decision. Now I couldn't be happier and I absolutely LOVE our ward and my friends, YOU especially!!! Thank you to you for being OUR friends, we love ya!!! ps, I love your house, soooo pretty! Great taste :D

The Child Family said...

you are so cute. I love general conference too, it is so uplifting, and gives me a renewed sense of "I can do this thing called life"
You have such a cute house, and I KNOW it is due to the adorable decorating that you do.
You are such a great friend, you make everyone around you feel so warm and fuzzy!!!!

Megan said...

We are so glad you did move in. That's crazy two years. What's with the baby counter? Are you trying to trick people? It's coming super soon.

Tyson and Tahnee said...

I love your decorating! We are building a home right now. It's fun and stressful. No, im not looking forward to a morgage either.