Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The changes are in...some of them....

I was ready for a change...a bright change...and this is what I came up with. I like it...you may not..but I do! We are in our family room like 95% of the day, and I wanted something bright, airy, carefree....whatever the word is...something to lighten the mood. It changes color depending on the time of the day, this picture was taken at night. We have been in our home almost 3 years and I haven't picked up a paintbrush yet..so I think it was about time.

This is the HUGE 32X26, and BEAUTIFUL picture of the Logan temple I just made. I LOVE IT! I went to a class last week with some family and friends and have a WONDERFUL time. If you are interested in making one...let me know. (I can tell you the details..there are other temples also.)
My hubby built this TV hutch and I painted it.

/>My sis in law got a new table and gave us her old one...it had had better days, so I sanded, painted and restored this old table. (I still need to paint the clear coat on the chairs when it gets warmer...it stinks to high heaven.)
(oh and we re-covered the chairs to p-leather, due to having kids...material is not a smart choice.)
I darkened up our curio to a darker stain...I think I may even make it darker in the summer..But it turned out Ok...for my selection of bells.
AND this one is ever so changing day by day....I hate it when my boys get older...I want them to stay little!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More changes at a later time....peace out.

16 comments:

Brittnee said...

LOVE them all. Your family room looks so good! Aaron is so lucky to gave a wife that dies such a great job at turning his house into his HOME!

Megan said...

It looks great! I really like the table and the color is awesome. You guys have been busy. I love yellow. If you still have that star I will give you $4 for it, I love those stars. I don't know what I would do with it. Let me know if you still have it.

Anonymous said...

WOW you busy lady!! I LOVE your wall and your table looks AwEsOmE!!!! So pretty :D Nice job!

Adam and Aubrey said...

I for one, LOVE the room! It all looks fabulous! And I'm way impressed with your work on the table and chairs! Well done!

Alabama Apples said...

I love them! ALL of them!!! How did you make the temple picture? Is it something I could do across the country?

I think you were clever to post your "garage sale" on your blog. I would definitely have taken a few of those items off of your hands if I lived closer!

Craig and Janalyn said...

Way to go cuz!! What fun projects! I have a ton of things that I want to do... I think you have inspired me to get going on some of them!

The Child Family said...

Holy cow, you have been busy little bee!!!!
I LOVE the fam room color, it is very warm and inviting. The table looks amazing, and I feel your pain on that project, i did the same thing to my hand-me-down table last summer (aren't rich sibblings the best, you get all their "old" stuff).
YOU DID GREAT!!!!

Unknown said...

Love the yellow. I want to paint my kitchen that color but hubby says no so I'm doing it in my dungeon of a laundry room. Do you still have your green candles?? I'm trying to decorate my kitchen and front room!

Danielle said...

I love your living room!! Way cute!

Megan said...

love, love, love it! I need to come see it in person now

Jaynann said...

Very chic!! Wish I liked black more, (pretty much a brown person myself) so much easier to refinish furniture when you can just paint it black=) Hint hint on your table and chairs---apply mucho coats of clear coat!! Kids usually manage to ding through one coat pretty fast. It is definitely worth the pain now to give it a little more protection and longer life.

Taneill said...

LOVE IT! I want to know how you did the temple picture.

Jamie said...

I love changing up my house. If Justin would let me, I'd probably repaint, refurnish, redecorate everyroom in my house at least once a year. lol. Everything looks nice!!

Megan said...

I love it you should come to my house and give me some ideas!!

Shelly Traveller said...

It looks great! I would also like more info on the temple photos.

Emily Berkley said...

I totally love what you did! I need to do the same thing to my chairs, they don't even look like material any more! So....we need to talk so you can come and do them...haha!