Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blogging becoming extinct? Blogger spring cleaning a NEED!!

Is blogging becoming extinct?? I am not sure. BUT, I do know that it has gone WAY down since 4 years ago when I first started! It was HUGE back then, remember?? Anyone and everyone had a blog. Now a days, people still have blogs BUT some NEVER update them. (OR give a care about them.) Facebook is taking over I am afraid. That's ok, I am still going to do it. It is my scrapbook, journal, and a little bit of social.

I can't say that I am the best blogger on the block. Of course I do have my ups and downs with it. I am much better in the winter when there is NOTHING else to do. (Dang cold weather.) It is ironic that in the summer all of the activities happen, but I don't take the time to blog about them. (due to wanting to be out in the HOT sun as much as possible.) This year WILL BE Different!!!


My new years resolution this year was to do a post a week, or close to it. Of course some weeks are not near as jammed packed with great and fun filled things.(I wish my life always was!) My goal is to print the blog out at the end of the each year. (If you have a great site to do that on, do tell!)

So the point of this here post is mainly my "SPRING CLEANING POST!" My side bar is driving me about nutty! It takes me forever to get through all of you...and half of the people aren't even posting anymore! There really is lots and lots of bloggers that have not updated in like FOREVER! **My fear** is to erase you!! **and think you are just DONE blogging. **BUT what if you are not? **What if you all of a sudden start up again, and I will not know...cus I erased you!?!? YES, silly fear. But heck, If you are on my side bar...You are there for a good reason. I must like you. Otherwise I would not have added you there in the first place. Ha ha!

Due to my blog being private also, you can only invite 100 people to sneak a peek. I want all that want to view to be able to. I have deleted people in the past that I just FIGURED never checked in any more to add others. I hope they don't hate me...but heck...I guess I will never know. **I plan on cleaning that portion out also...cuz I have a few more people wanting to be added. Please let me know if you are still checking in. This will help me out a bit.

I do get comments from time to time from fellow blogger pals that don't update their blogs, but they do check in from time to time. THANK YOU for that! Please let me know if you are one of those also. I don't want to delete you!

I have a traffic feed jet on the bottom of my blog. It doesn't tell me who you are, but it tells me lots of people are still checking in. Thank you! That makes me feel warm and fussy! I know a lot of you have told me you don't like to comment, and that is fine. I get in that mood at times also. I just don't want to delete you!

I hope to SPRING CLEAN here in the next few weeks. My goal is to have it neat and tidy, but more so EASY to check ALL of your fun post **fast and **easy!

Thank you so much for reading all of my ramblings!! AND yes, sorry for this LAME-O post, but it will help me out a ton!

24 comments:

Brittnee said...

I READ IT and LOVE IT! I also need to be better about posting on my blog. Even if it just about the little day to day activities we are doing! I will try to be better! Keep the posts coming!

the McLaughlin's said...

I am one of the slackers who is super bad about updating my own blog but I still read yours. I blame my slacking on my husband being gone. Keep me around please:)

Unknown said...

well you know I'm all about blogging!

Ariana said...

I read it and love it!

Eric and Jenny said...

Spring cleaning, you are so cute!

Well I comment so I am pretty sure you know I read, but regardless don't get rid of me!

Oh and what's wrong with me I update my blog a little too frequently I think, but yes it does seem facebook is taking over!

Laree said...

I check in!

My problem with posting is I have more than one blog. So I do great on one for a while, and then great on the other!

Megan said...

I enjoy updating mine and reading yours. Keep it coming. I do agree I need to spring clean mine. There are some people i have who have cancelled their blog and I still have them listed or it's been over a year since they've posted. happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

did you also know that you can do to the dashboard and there's a tab under your blog where you can see your stats? you should check it out.

Lena Phillips said...

I print my blog too, but kist do it from my computer under a word document. Is there an easier way? A cuter way? If you find a website, let me know, will you?

Jenson Family said...

Charee~ I Love checking in on your cute family now that this ward split I never see you guys. Please keep me on your list!

Anne said...

Charee,
Just checking in. I love reading your blog. It makes me smile and be grateful that I got to grow up down the street from such a fun friend.
Mike surpirsed me this year with a fun Christmas gift and had our blog printed out into books. He used Blurb.com. It was a fun, sweet gift and has become our family journal. Just wish I was better at regularly posting.
Take Care!

Chelise said...

Charee!! i'm one of those bloggers that don't post often. sorry! It always takes me forever to upload pictures so that's probably why I don't post often, but i'll try to be better :) I too luv reading your posts and like to see what's going on in your life. Your posts make me smile and this post makes me want to start my spring cleaning too. Keep me around too :)

Lisa said...

BLOGS are the best! I love blogging and I totally read yours :) I have over 800 posts on my family blog and haven't printed mine out yet. I probably have atleast 6 books worth of blog posts to print and I'm bound and determined to print off a couple books this year. Anyway, I've heard of two websites that are great to print blogs... blurb.com and blog2print.com
Good luck with that!

The Campbell Family said...

Don't delete me! I love your blog. And I am so grateful you comment on my blog as well. Nice to know someone is there in cyberspace with me.

Jaynann said...

I LOVE reading your blog because its so you!! Spunky and upbeat! Yep, my 'readership' seems to have slacked as well. I'll still keep it going though because its my scrapbook and it keeps the grandmas in the loop. Its still nice to get comments though!

I want to print mine too, but I'm afraid if I don't do it soon there will be too much and it will cost too much!!

Julie said...

If you delete me....so help me LL ;)...................................................................................................................................................

Elisa said...

I still like blogging. I think I do it more as a journal for myself so I will keep doing it. I love checking your blog and seeing how things are going with your cute family. Keep me on your list. Mine is private but you got an invite, right?

Kristy, Kole & Kids said...

You sure do have a loooooong list of friend blogs on your side bar but don't erase me. I will update soon. Maybe even today. And I do read your blog (though I admit that sometimes I don't get to it as often as I should because it is private and it doesn't show a new post when I check my own blog to see who has posted recently). I think you should change the settings on your side bar blog list to show the most updated ones at the top (instead of alphabetically). Then you don't have to look through them all to see who has updated recently. Let the slackers hangout at the bottom of the list. Well, anyways, love you lots!!!

Alabama Apples said...

I read and love it! I will admit to just a bit of jealousy to all the fun you have! ;)

Monson Family Fitness said...

i knew you'd have a lot of comments! anyway, i still read your blog just rarely have time to comment on anyones nowdays! i actually feel like i've been doing better myself about updating. however, it does seem like blogging is becoming extinct! i remember when everyone was so into it, now it's mostly just facebook! whatever though, i still love it!

Giles Fam said...

I check your blog! Please don't delete me! : )

Nellie and Jason said...

You caught me...I hardly ever comment on people's blogs, but I really do love reading them and staying in contact! Would love to keep reading yours!

BH said...

I love reading your blog, sorry I never post, but I do read!! You are amazing!!

Shelly Traveller said...

Keep me please!! and I'll update mine one of these day!