Friday, July 25, 2008

Big girls don't cry!

It's sounds so silly to say, but with July coming to an end I just might cry. I LOVE July more than any other month! I wait for it all year and when it comes I try to enjoy every minute!!! I love August but it's just not the same without the festivities, crowds and such. We have had a ball with Tate and more importantly seeing him smile at the great and fun things summer brings. It has been very different taking him to some of these things because the last 5/6 years we could just pick up and go....stay out as late as possible and so on....it is much harder to get places but VERY worth it. The 24th of July started out at the famous North Logan parade. We always go and support my home town parade at 10:00am and then go to MT. View Park to listen to the music and see the fun booths. We then moved on to the Logan parade at noon on center street. We use to live on center and would enjoy the parade's in front of our home...we now go sit on the front lawn and pretend that it is our turf still. Our friends come and enjoy this with us also. After a short nap at home we hit Willow park to hear Scott (Aaron's step dad) play in his band. We sang and danced to the great tunes and ended up staying for the next band. This band was awesome, they imitate the Beetles to a "T". My parents came and enjoyed singing to the great songs along with most of Aaron's family and our friends. Then for the best part *******FIREWORKS***** they were beautiful as always and we loved seeing all of the great colors and of course the loud booms. Our neighbors, and friends came over to the house after (oooohhh elevenish) and we did our own fireworks...RRRReallllly big ones. What a fun and eventful day! No wonder I am so tired today! Until next year...........

North Logan Parade

Logan Parade

Our buddy Kendall..good lookin' cop!(keeping Logan safe)

Grandpa Scott's band playing at willow park

Grandma Lael dancing with the grandkids.

Salt and Pepper dancing. (Sam and Merrick)

Fireworks! ewwwww ahhhhhh

Late night shot...painful on the eyes.

18 comments:

bstoutfamily said...

I love your new family picture at the top!! So cute!! Looks like you all are having such a fun summer!!

Anne said...

I agree 100%, I love July and I'm always a bit melancholy to see it come to an end. I wish so much that we could have gone to the parade in North Logan, sniffle sniffle, but I'm so glad you supported the hometown and had fun with all your other activities! Summer's not over yet, keep having fun!

Emilee said...

funny the mail says my name still! i had to leave my legacy behind, right! ;) i did another post too, talk about a dork!

Brittnee said...

looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We missed Tate yesterday!

Megan said...

Fun stuff. I love fireworks too. Thanks for the water fun today. We'll have to do it more often. Sorry and a HUGE THANKS to Aaron. You guys are awesome.

The Rashall Family said...

How fun - I need to remember that you are the one to come to for info on the festivities! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

Ariana said...

Fun times! Jonathan is good friends with Olsen....what a small world.

Nate and Tasha said...

Awww! You make me miss Logan. The good old traditions and festivities. Looks like you guys had fun, isn't it different having a child?!
I love your header - you guys look awesome!

Alabama Apples said...

July is the center of summer to me, too. Especially since my oldest is starting Kindergarten and school starts here August 11th. Uggh! Summer is definitely over here. I loved the parades and everything of living in Logan...it has really been awhile since I've been there. You bring back such happy memories.

Taneill said...

You are always having so much fun!! I feel like when July is over, summer feels like it is over. I love being able to play outside at night and have it bee warm.

Cally said...

thanks charee. I added you to my friends too!

Nyman's said...

I know the feeling about how easy it was to pick up and go before you hade kids..I agree with you 110% that the joys you see on your kids face with all the exciting things they experience is so worth all the trouble getting them out the door...I haven't forgetten about the little thing I was sending you, I am just bad about getting postage:)

Megan said...

well, if you want to do Cafe Rio sometime soon call us before you go so we can come along. We could have a great time. We LOVE it 1/2 chicken 1/2 pork is the only way to go.

Danielle said...

That was an awesome day! I totally love July too. I cant believe we haven't been swimming more. We need to get on top of that before Aug. is over.

Jamie said...

Hey Charee! It was nice seeing you down at willow park! We will prob see each other from time to time, watching the good ol' Wasatch Back Band. (my dad is jay.. if you didn't know that)

I loved "Imagine" (the Beatles band) They are amazingly identical to the Beatles aren't they?!

Have a fun rest of the summer! I'm sure I will see you around! :)

Megan said...

How fun! We've never made it to the Famous North Logan parade. We'll have to hit that up next year. I am a party pooper and am ready for July to be done. This summer has been far too crazy! I think people forget that they have June and August to party too.
Yesterday when we went to the temple, people must have been doing some work on it, but only one gate was open (the one at the bottom, back) There was a couple taking wedding photos there also.

Rebekah said...

I also love the 4th of July... one of my faves! We were so home sick during the 4th cause that is a huge day with Ben's family. Tons of activities clear through until the night. Not to mention great FIREWORKS at Davis High. The fireworks here sucked. So for us the 4th kind of came and went this year.

Love the new background. Makes me miss Cali. I get to go there in a few weeks while we travel home to Utah. Woohoo!

Dream Big Designs said...

Holy Cow, miss popularity. I am #18 comment...well, I love the hat and I still want to know how you get the counter on the names of other bloggers. I will have to call you tomorrow. Love ya!