Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update on the cripple!


Ok so today Aaron went back to the doc for a third follow up (3 co-pays now - what crap)...anyways the doc took some x-rays and said that he is healing well. YAY!!! He said the swelling is looking good...all is doing just what it is suppose to do in the healing process. I am getting over the frustration of Aaron on crutches..he really is doing great. These are a few reasons why:

1- He still works! All day long...bossing like a boss should do.(he works too)

2- We go on walks (He uses his bike like a skateboard and pushes himself.) We even went on a small hike.....believe it or not!

3- He goes to the grocery store to picks me up things..he just rides the motorized cart.(He said at first he had some pretty funny stares)..but now he is getting really good at the thing and quite enjoys it..... I'm sure he just wishes it would go faster.

4- Tate loves the company of him crawling around the house with him. Aaron is also a great hopper now..his left calf is huge from all of the muscle and his right is so small. We can't believe how it can loose muscle so quickly when you are not using it.

5- He is learning new tricks with walking...today he said he just would dangle from the crutches and sway his body back and forth (he says it's way hard) but it is just like walking.....yeah I bet....I can't wait to see this!


He now only has to follow up in 4 more weeks..so we will see!!!

We are still having a great summer......so many fun things to do, but mainly just being together as a family...that's all I can ask for. I could just sit on the patio and hug my hubby and child and be the happiest person in all of the world. Thank goodness Aaron didn't get hurt worse....life is so precious....my uncle died today and my brother in law (Tyson) will any day. Thank goodness for a testimony...

16 comments:

Brittnee said...

Tater Tot is such a little stud!!! We love him and enjoy spending time with him!

Katy said...

Sorry to hear about your uncle...I was laughing until the end...THANKS A LOT!! :P

Shelly Traveller said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle but it is comforting to know what we know. I'm glad Aaron has learned to function so well.

Here is a memory I have of you! Yes my first date for sure, and I'm so glad you were there to help break the ice. There was actually lots of talks about you at my house (all good of course), I was actually quite bothered that my brother's best friend liked you because I wanted my brother to date you.

I love the new picture of Tate on the side, so cute!

The Rashall Family said...

I am so glad you found our blog - of course allowing me to track you down! Aaron is doing awesome (I am so impressed that he is still working so hard) and it looks like you guys are having such a fun summer. Tate is adorable! I am coming in Monday so hopefully I will see you then.

Crystal said...

Sorry about your uncle.
Aaron seems to be doing good. That's so cool how much you guys are still able to do. I love your new family picture at the top and the pictures of Tate on the side. So cute!

Danielle said...

Keep up the good work Aaron

Miriam said...

Sounds like Aaron (and you) have had such good attitudes about the whole situation! Thank goodness it sounds like the end is in sight! Where was your new top picture taken! Love it!

Malia said...

I am so glad that you said hi! It is fun to see your blog and your darling family! It is amazing how fast 10 months flies by!

Emilee said...

thats it! all that crap about me not posting and you only have 1 for me to look at!

Emilee said...

oh, i forgot, i love the new look, it is so YOU! i was just waiting for it to happen!

The Petersen's said...

Sorry I'm slow, I didn't read your comment until today. Anyway, thanks about the cake. I found the rectanglish cookies at a dollar store - a coffee or tea biscuit I think they were. Around the pool is Chicklets, with teddy graham bears on fruit by the foot towels or sitting in peach ring floats and a gum diving board. Anyway, it was a fun cake.
Enjoy the rest of your summer - C'Anne

Alabama Apples said...

What an amazing hubby! I could see mine laying around and calling for lunch, etc. (My husband's a stud, but uggghhh! when he's sick!!!) Your little guy is sooo cute! I'm totally jealous on the hair front. My littlest now has red fuzz...finally at 10.5 months. I keep waiting for his hair to REALLY come in, and I keep on waiting!

Rebekah said...

You are hilarious! I miss our little talks. Can't wait to get back and hang out...you know I really am still good for that lunch, it will happen someday. Tate is adorable. Your picture totally fits you guys. Fun and full of life. I am sorry to hear about your Uncle. Hope everyone is doing okay. Take a quick look at my new pictures on my Facebook account. If you don't have an account you should sign up...everyone can always use another social pipeline, right?

Taneill said...

you are a neat person! Way to look at the positives in life.

Taneill

Mom 4 Zion said...

Hey Guys!
It's so fun to see your blog. Thanks for the great friends you are to Ree and Ry. We love you!

Trent and Av

Kelsie said...

hey it was so good to see you guys again. to bad it was such a short visit. but your little boy is darling... and tell your hubby i always wanted to ride one of those carts in the store. im so jelouse!!!