Sunday, July 6, 2008

More summer- holiday fun!

This weekend was an action packed one. We love hang'n with the fam and friends.

Aaron and I met up with Mindi and Kiana the other night to walk around the car show. We wanted to hear the band "STYX" from inside. As we were walking in, a neighbor stopped us and asked if we wanted some tickets to the concert. Heck ya!! We would never turn down $30 dollar tickets for free! We love butt rock and were sooo excited. As I was walking into the concert, I had some pretty strange looks bringing in a baby. Someone even said to me "starting him early huh." I would never have brought him if I had only known a little bit earlier. We really enjoyed the music until Tate pooped. I left to go change him and never dared go back in. I was totally bummed but the music was really loud and I really didn't want to damaged Tate's hearing for life. We left early and as we walked away we sang to the songs. We hurried and drove to N. Logan to a fireworks show there. I love Fireworks!!!

One day we hung out at 1st dam and the kids jumped off the bridges and we took turns floating down the canal. Mom, Bret and I all went together on one run. We laughed all the way down. From the beginning I fell off my tube and gashed my leg... oh and about froze. The water was soooo freezing....but it numbed my gash and so it felt much better. Hopefully it wont get infected.

We had a family talent show, Cindi danced, and the kids played the piano/ instruments. Then we had a big surprise party for Bret who turned 40 this year....ahhhh talk about over the hill. I have been memorizing silly songs to lip sinc to him. It was very funny...too bad I don't have pictures of this.

The car show...love it! We use to live on center street in Logan and would throw huge parties before the parade would start. Now that we don't live there we can't do that so much...but we still go sit in front of our old house and watch the cars zoom by. We enjoy laughing with our family and friends that share this tradition with us also. These are a few of the many great things that we did this great Fourth weekend. No wonder I love this holiday so much. I just love Logan and all that it has to offer. I am so glad that I live here. It is so beautiful!! I love that the fireworks are on the 3rd so then you can do more activities and make a long weekend out of it. The car show is crowed but who cares, it's only one day. I live for crowds.....I love noise...it sounds crazy but it is true. Poor Tate though he is worn out, but he really did great and I know he had a great time also. The Cache Valley Cruise In! Family and Friends! Tate trying to eat grass. Older than Dirt..suprise party. (he's acting old) Talent show in grandma's backyard. 1st dam picnic and tubeing.

15 comments:

Katy said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! I have to admit that I am a butt rock fan too!! YAY!!

Alabama Apples said...

Happy 4th! I LOVE STYX, so I'd been tempted to go in w/baby too!! I love being around family and friends, and it looked like ya'll had a blast!

Unknown said...

Who is it that sings that song, I know a place, that you have playing on your blog?

Landon&Janell said...

Hey Charee! you are the hottest, funnest, cutest, bestest person ever :)

Nyman's said...

I love all the pictures. I'm glad you had a most excellent 4th. Lucky for me I did not get "burned" at lava like Kandi. yeah!!!. We should get together sometime and play, have a good one!

Mary Mills said...

What a fun weekend. I am with you on the loving crowds and noise ect. I am such a "people watcher" and I Love to socialize. See you sooner that later

Rebekah said...

How the heck to you get a picture of your family to stay at the top of you blog, so that other pictures added don't push it further down the page. I am so frustrated!!!

Dream Big Designs said...

We miss you guys a ton. I am glad you had such a wonderful 4th. We miss Logan, but I am glad you are still there so we can visit. Lov ya

Nyman's said...

Hey - Can you send me your mailing address, I want to send you something for little baby Tate
email it to me joshnyman@msn.com

Susanna said...

Look at you guys just partying hard!!! Looks like a fun summer for the Mcllelans.

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

It looks like you had a fun forth. But I'm confused as I looked down your pages. Are you pregnant right now?

bstoutfamily said...

Oh my gosh!! Of course we remember you!! How are you all? Wow, I can't believe you have a little boy! He is SO cute! It is so great to hear from you! So where are you all living now? I am excited to be able to keep in touch with you all...you are such a darling family!!
Love, Jen

Anne said...

Charee,
Isn't summer the greatest! Looks like you are having a fun time. It was so fun to see pictures of your family having fun in the backyard. You guys really had the coolest yard I hope you know, and I have such happy memories of being back there with ya'll.

Rebekah said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast this summer! I love the new picture at the top of your page. CUTE SHIRTS!!! Where'd you get???

Annie said...

wow - look at you and your cute blog! good thing i am so good at blog-stalking...j/k. seriously, what's with that weird photo of russ and i? and when are you guys really going to come and pay volleyball with us? :)