Sunday, June 8, 2008

CANCER WALK FOR TYSON


Aaron and Charee LoVe Tyson.

Lots of walkers for Tyson.

Kent walking and talking.

Tate loved his glow stick.

Suzy's sister and in-law.


This last weekend was the 'cancer walk' down at the blue sox baseball diamond. We joined as a family (TYSON'S TEAM) to walk around the track as many times as possible to show our support. There was a lot of people there to walk for their loved ones who have passed on or are fighting cancer. It was really chilly and people were going to walk all night. They had food, games and lots of entertainment. We couldn't walk too late because of Tate, but we did as much as he could take. Tyson (Aaron's step brother) who I have spoken about in an older post has cancer and has been given a couple weeks up to two months to live. This prediction from the doctors was just over a month and a half ago. We hope and pray that Tyson will be as comfortable as possible during this hard time. His sloggen is NEVER GIVE UP!!! We love Suzy (Tyson's mom) so very much and want her to know that she is so strong and we know that this has got to be a very difficult time for her.

As a side note Logan City is doing this wonderful thing. You pay $5.00 at the Rec center once a year and they will give you a T-shirt, pedometer, and a log. All you have to do is walk.....and log how much you have. Every 100 miles (which sounds like a lot) they will give you 3 passed to the outdoor pool or 5 passed to the rec center to work out or whatever. I just think this is sooo great cuz, we all walk and we all want to go to the pool at some point or another. Why not get fit and go for free all summer? Aaron and I and a bunch of our neighbors are doing this! (thanks for telling me about this Megan W. YOU ARE GREAT!!) Aaron just from his job is raking up the numbers and the cancer walk sure helped the other night.

10 comments:

Shelly Traveller said...

What a nice event and a great motto. I hope tyson hangs in there. Thanks for sharing the rec. secret that sounds like a great idea!

Megan said...

Good job on the walking for Tyson and for the city. Thanks for the corn, I haven't checked it yet. Summer Fest here we come.

Unknown said...

I can see you've been doing a good job at recruitig bloggrs from your neighborhood. Keep it up!

Mary Mills said...

Charee,
Okay so I admit it I am a blog stalker. I exploring some blogs and found you. I hope you don't mind me commenting. Your little guy is so cute. You have a fun blog. See you soon at my next appointment. PS Tyler is looking forward to the Priest Retreat in a few weekends. They just had thier planning meeting last night and now he is all pumped up! Crazy guy (just a boy at heart)
Feel free to pop in on our blog.
www.hoopsanddreams.blogspot.com

Clayton and Heidi said...

I know couple of people who did that walk. That is awesome. Being the moocher I am I'm going to get me some free pool passes (if you pay $5 is that still considered being a moocher?) Thanks for the secret!

Alabama Apples said...

Charee! I'm so glad you found me!!! Things are crazy in my neck of the woods...or is it just me? Hmmm...Your little guy is so cute! It is fun to see you with a child and husband. I forget everyone else around me grows up too...I guess I think I'm the only one pulling out gray hairs (seriously) and battling potty-training. I'll keep stalking your blog, if you don't mind!

Heidi said...

Hey! I ran into Aaron when he was accross the street at Roses...found out you were a blog addict like me!!! Email me at usudancindoll@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invite! Also...I want to get together with all of us neighborhood girls (whoever is around!)sometime while I'm in town!

Katy said...

Charee!! I totally know who you are!! We've missed you! Your little boy is so cute, and I love the name Tate!! I'm glad you found us and I will be adding you to my list'o'friends.

I think it is so cool that you guys did this walk for Aaron's step brother. Dan's oldest brother was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma (he just barely finished his last treatment). We also have a neighbor (and really good friend) that was diagnosed with Leukemia. We'll be thinking about Tyson, what an awful thing for him and his family to go through.

Danielle said...

Beautiful Blog I love it. I am so excited I finally found out you have a blog. You will have to teach me a few tricks to make mine look better. It was great to see you guys this weekend. After girls camp we need to get together and go walking. I'm going to sign up for the walk log so we can go swimming for free this summer too. See ya later. Love ya

Emilee said...

I'm back! go check! sorry, i was busy for a week! but anyway. love all the pics, i think you need a few more of summerfest!