Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer time BLUES!!!

So Yesturday I started thinking that it would be fun to do a post on Aaron's new hobby. Paragliding!!! Aaron has gone a handful of times and just LOVES it. I wanted to do a positive post about paragliding....but today I feel otherwise. I was just a little scared because of the risks that could happen. A month or so ago, he sprained his ankle really badly. I was the wife that told him that..."ohh I am glad that you have a hobby but this is very risky with starting a new buisness."

Well this morning he and his buddy's got up early for a morning flight. Next thing I knew I got a call from my husband stating that his flight was beautiful.... but the landing not so much. Just looking at it I knew it was broken. We ran around all day from doctor to doctor to doctor. He had X-rays, Cat scans and now we just wait.....wait for the news if surgery is needed or if a cast is all we need. I hope and pray that surgery is not needed. We have terrible insurance!!

Aaron is really bummed. He loves summer just as much as I do. He was planning a trip to Lake Powell in a couple of weeks with loads of water skiing and wakeboarding with his buddies. He is in charge of the Stake Priest Retreat this upcoming weekend full of water activities and the works. I feel bad that he has to miss out on all the water things, he looks forward to all year but.... I know Aaron he will figure something out. He always does!

AARON'S NEW BEST FRIENDS!!



THESE ARE PRIOR FLIGHT PICS.





THE PICTURES DONT SHOW HOW BAD IT REALLY LOOKS.

7 comments:

Lena Phillips said...

Ewwww! That is so abnoramally huge and gross looking! My husband has a lot of dangerous hobbies as well, and it doesn't help that he's accident prone. He likes anything that has a motor and goes fast. He's currently in a cast for breaking his fall off of his dirt bike with his pinkie. Boys will be boys!

By the way, of course I remember you. It's good to be able to put a face with a name, though. I must admit that I struggle with all of the names.

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

Hey, so what has it been almost 10 years! It look like you are doing great! And your little man is so darling! Isabelle is only a few months older! It is definatly the best! We will definatly have to keep on eye on each other! Thanx for finding me. How do you do that anyhow?

Emilee said...

love that mohawk look!
oh, oops! i mean:
that sucks! i hope he gets better! what a huge bummer, but i am jealous too, i have always wanted to do that!

Danielle said...

I am so sorry that is horrible! I did not even know that Aaron like to paraglide. Hope things turn out the best for you guys. Let us know is we can do anything. If you need help with your yard or anything. Love Ya!

Garth said...

Aaron (thanks Charee for posting),

Looks like a good enough excuse to get you out of some work. Charee, make sure Aaron changes Tate's diapers. Before too long Aaron will be back to work. :)

Heidi said...

Oh...dang! so so sorry! Do you remember when Chris broke his wrist right before our family trip to Lake Powell??? (Oh...it was the end of the world!) Thanks for Becky's blog info!

The Petersen's said...

Charee, I noticed your comment on my blog the other day, it was fun to hear from you and check out your blog. Tate is so cute. I hope Aaron's foot heals quickly.

C'Anne