Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Learning how to walk!

Well bet you were thinking this post was going to be about Tate learning how to walk???!!! Well he is very close, and has done a bit by himself. But...... this post is an update on my hubby. Today was yet another follow up and yes another co-pay (that makes around $150.00 or more in co-pays...these could almost about kill us....oh well.) The doc said great news......Aaron is about to learn how to walk again. The X-rays looked good, they couldn't see any cracks anymore. He is to slowly over the next 2 weeks, learn how to walk with crutches. (and then get rid of the crutches after that) YAY!! And even better he doesn't need to wear the boot anymore. This is a slow process, cuz it has been 7 weeks and his calf muscle is pretty much the size of Tate's. He has lost lots and lots of muscle. BUT.....looking at the positive the other leg is huge and very toned from all of the hopping around. So the moral of the story is I will have 2 boys in my household, learning how to walk at the same time. YIPEE! No, I am very grateful for the wonderful news and I am VERY excited to go on real walks with him and get going on our yard work again. We are soooo close.

As a funny note, tomorrow we are going to Lagoon, with Alpine Cleaning and Rest. and guess who gets to get pushed around in a wheel chair??? Should be loads of fun!!!

Yucky foot!!! ALMOST ALL BETTER!


Remember these days with crutches?? They are almost over......YAY!



Soooo long, old friend!!!

10 comments:

Alabama Apples said...

Hooray for your hubby. That must of sucked for you all.

The Strawn Family said...

I am so excited for Aaron! That looks like it hurts. I worked at Charlie's from 2001 - 2003 (I think). What is your sisters name that worked there?

Danielle said...

Yeah!!!!! That is awesome news! Hope you guys have tons of fun at Lagoon

Cally said...

Charee - you are so fun! I am glad I've gotten to know you a little better the last couple weeks!

Susanna said...

Yay!!!! I love how white his foot is compared to the rest of his leg!
Have fun at Lagoon.

Angie Tolman said...

Yippee!! That's so exciting. Maybe they can have races. :) Also, I match my kids a lot. Sometimes of purpose most of the time not. Since Sami changes clothes 4-6 times a day I can never count on her for what she's wearing. People usually ask if I make us match on purpose. They are usually shocked when the answer is no. (Only on Sunday whent he girls match, but even then it's usually Sami who wants to match. Have fun with it while you can. My sister and I always laugh at the "color mood" we are in for the day. Who ever new people would crave wearing or seeing a color? Take care!!!

Nyman's said...

Finally finally. At least there are a few more (lots) summer days left for the yard and lots and lots of walks. So glad for you guys..Sucks about the copays though, that really bites.

Katy said...

Tell him to wait until his leg has bulked back up before he goes swimming...I'd hate to see him swimming in circles, sad!! :P

Jenn Douglas said...

Hey Girl,

It was good to see ya'll too. Thanks for the tips on the blog. It needed a new face lift. Hope we see each other again sooner than later. Ya'll are alot of fun!

Rebekah said...

You need to read "Twilight" before Dec. so we can go see the movie with a bunch of girls in the ward. It would be so fun.