Sunday, August 31, 2008

My poor little Tater!




My poor little Tater has yet been hit again with illness. Yesterday he woke bright and early. When we went into his room, he was burning up (103.5). All day on Saturday we were piggy backing Tylenol and Motrin, but still couldn't get the fever lower than 101. Tate loves his baths, he had three to try and cool him down.

We had planned a big day of yard work, not all to many days left to get it done before the weather turns. My mom came and held him for a couple hours or so, while we weeded, cleaned out trenches and tried to finish the sprinkler system. I hated to do this when I knew how crappy he felt. Thanks MOM!!

Today, around noon we both decided it was time to get him looked at. We went into the insta-care and of course the wait was a couple hours. Tate was beside himself so we drove to another insta-care, and on the way there......I saw the throat. BRIGHT red and white spots all over, there was tons!!! No wonder he wasn't eating. I just kept blaming this all on his ears, cuz that was the problem last week....it's so hard to know.

Anyways, the strep culture will be done it a couple days and who knows what the verdict will be. I think this is just some crazy viral thing...just to add on the list of adventures he has had in his short little life. We love him so much and it is so hard to see him go through these dumb and silly illness.

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Ohhhh, poor Tate! It's so sad when little ones are sick and you feel like you can't do much to help them. I'm so sorry! Hope he gets feeling better really soon!

Unknown said...

thanks for the heads up to not be around you for awhile!:)

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I am sorry to hear about Tate. That is no fun when you have sick kids. Good Luck!!

Anonymous said...

Oh poor cutie Tate. Hope he gets better soon. It seems like everything is going around right now. I'm just waiting for our turn, I'm sure it's coming :(
Jen

Megan said...

I am sorry that's so frustrating. Poor kid. I hope now today he's feeling a little better. Hopefully it won't be as bad in the winter.

Chambers Clan said...

That is so not fun! Hi back by the way! Sorry it took me awhile:) I know the whole worry about big fevers things. My son's legs get really achy when he gets a fever, but I never know the cause. I always think it's the ears too! Good luck! They are so sad when they are sick:(

Celeste said...

Sorry to hear about Tate. I hope he gets better soon it is no fun to be sick!

Dream Big Designs said...

I am so sorry, this is just making it easier for when he gets older. He is going to have the strongest immune system. Don't worry, you are an excellent mommy. I also felt the same way whenever we go camping one of my kids never sleeps.