Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Perfect day for Tyson! (update)

Tuesday was a wonderful day! Not that I enjoy going to funerals by any means, but I think that Tyson would be proud and pleased. He planned his whole funeral, and it was a absolutely beautiful. This was one of the neatest services I have ever been to. There wasn't a sole without tears rolling down there face, the spirit was so strong. Everyone could feel it and knew it was real. I know without a doubt the talks were inspired and so was the music. I really think it couldn't have been any better. Great job Tyson!!! It was very neat to walk in and see all of the support of the High school students wearing there Sky View football jerzee's. Tyson was never a very big guy to play football and he had been sick for so long, but he was able to be the Sky View's football manager for 2 years and loved every moment of it. Ten months ago for the "Make a Wish foundation" his wish was to go and watch a Tampa Bay Buccaneers football game in Florida. This was a major highlight of his life.

Friends, family and loved ones all gathered at the Logan cemetery to say one last goodbye, (here on this earth.) Tyson's wish was to have everyone let a white balloon fly into the air, let go and know that he is in good hands and free. It was a beautiful and wonderful sight to see.

Everyone was so proud of Suzy and her strength.


Wonderful family and friends.


Beautiful sight to see. (many, many more that I could not capture on my little camera.)




Professional singers from Nashville, flew in for two hours to sing for Tyson a couple songs, (one they wrote for him) just to hop back on the plane again. They were so inspired by his story, they wouldn't have missed it.


Tawnee, Tyson's sister.

10 comments:

Miriam said...

I'm so glad to see this post! I've been checking back on your blog hoping for an update on you and your family this week. It looks like Tuesday was a beautiful, special day for everyone involved. You can just feel the impact that Tyson's life has had on so many.

Still thinking about you Charee!

Nyman's said...

We are so blessed to know that this life is just a spec in time and that we will be together in the next life forever. My thoughts have been with you!

JACKIE FLAHERTY said...

I am so sorry to hear about Tyson. It looks like the service was beautiful. It is always hard to let someone you love go. Thankgoodness we know we will be able to see them again. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Angie Tolman said...

I am so sorry. I, too, don't know how parents do it. I will add you, Aaron and his family to my prayers and if there is anything I can do please let me know. While it's nice to know you will see him again, it still doesn't take away the hurt and pain of missing him everyday. I had a neighbor say it best when everyone else told us my grandma was happier and healthy now, she told (my mom actually) that loosing a mom is still loosing a mom. It doesn't matter the circumstance. While it lookd like Tyson fought a good fight, it's still loosing a brother and a friend...so if you need a shoulder to cry on just give me a call.

Megan said...

I'm so sorry about Tyson. I don't know how people without the gospel do it. It is so comforting to know that families are forever!
And yes, you should read the books. You won't regret it.

Katy said...

What a nice tribute. I hate funerals, and I hate saying goodbye, but there is always a special, comforting spirit at funerals.

Anne said...

Charee, we were so sorry to hear of Tyson's death. What a very tender time for everyone. It is so wonderful to know that he was so supported here in this life, and that he is onto a new wonderful stage. Our family has been thinking about you so often lately. Glad that the funeral went well.

Danielle said...

I'm glad things went so well!!! You have an amazing family and Tyson is proof of that! Lets me know if you need anything!

Annie said...

The funeral looked beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person!

Thanks for being such great friends - we will miss you guys! Let's see if we can last down there a little longer that you guys did ;)

Heidi said...

...you gave me chills! lots and lots of love to your family!